At Careium, we are dedicated to helping seniors live a better life. We care about the seniors – they are our heroes! We are here to help our users maintain a rich and independent life, even when personal circumstances change. Our wide portfolio of security and care solutions digitally connect generations and provides solutions for independent living, both inside and outside the home.
Want to join us? We're looking for a passionate Interaction Designer with a knack for visual design as well. If that's you, we'd love to hear from you!
The position allows you to work in a small team in an international organization, where using innovative technology to help seniors is our core business. We strive for work-life balance to give you a dynamic workplace where you can continue to develop your skills in a team where we co-operate and support each other.
You will work from our bright, spacious office close to the Central Station in Malmö with many places to go for lunch, close to shopping and gyms. However, during the pandemic, we mostly work from home and do most of our meetings over Teams.
About the position
Doro Care is a small software organization, so you will probably get your hands dirty with a little bit of everything. That said, here is a list of what covers the typical work:
- Create and intuitive interaction flows.
- Create visual design
- Keep consistency in the user interface.
- Communicate and visualize interactions using Illustrator, Figma, Photoshop or similar tools.
- Work close together with product owners and developers in an agile workflow
- Work closely with reference groups to validate design assumptions
- We expect you as designer to take lead and define interaction principles and patterns for our applications
Are you the one?
Below is a list of the knowledge and personality traits that we think could help you succeed as a designer at Doro. We totally understand that not all of them will be a perfect match for you. They really are just a list of things we hope for.
- Getting stuff done and thinking independently about priorities and the bigger picture of what we are doing
- We value getting things done before the perfect design, also we like the ‘do’ and ‘tell’ aspects of design work. And keep it simple J Both for developers and users.
- Being proactive and taking own initiatives, being an active part of developing our platform
- We expect the designer to drive and be involved in user validation and research
- Eager to learn. We are convinced that when we can find the right person for our team, and that person is willing to learn, good things will happen.
- Share knowledge with colleagues.
- We are looking for an interaction designer with knowledge both in mobile applications and desktop web applications to join a team of developers.
If you want to learn other areas, that’s perfect! If you want to specialize in one area, that is great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match what you are good at. Just as we try to employ an agile process when we develop our product, we want our people to be agile too. So, if you want to improve your skills in an area that is not currently your expertise, we applaud and encourage that!
Doro is a technology company focused on seniors. We develop services and products for seniors to live independent, fulfilling lives. Our wide portfolio of security and care solutions digitally connect generations and provide solutions for independent living, both inside and outside the home. Doro is the market leader in social alarms in Sweden, Norway, and the United Kingdom and the global market leader in mobile phones for seniors. Doro is a Swedish company with headquarters in Malmö and a sales operation in 27 countries. Doro’s shares are quoted on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange. The company has app. 1 000 co-workers, and net sales of SEK 2,063 million (EUR 195.4 million) were reported for 2019. www.doro.com/corporate
Engineering Manager Software
+46 703 79 10 70